Wednesday, March 19, 2008

a tree mural for a good friend!!




.....so to say the least, I was so honored that my very chic friend, Melissa in Austin asked me to paint a huge tree in her laudry room. She had a super great idea of continuing the tree outside the window indoors so she could enjoy it. I LOVED the idea but was so nervous to do it for such a great friend. If they did not like it.....then what....we go to their house all the time. They are so laid back and completely trusted me.......so we went for it. Unless they are really good actors, I think they totally love it.....I so hope they are honest peeps!!
We did not want it to look like it was trying to be realistic (like something in the church nursery or at a children's hospital) so we did not give it leaves and I made it a very whimsical shape. Miss loves circles so circles we gave it. It is in the laudry room so we started calling it the Bubble Tree.......perfect.


Anyway, I think it is really groovy and im looking for a spot in my house to put one!!




Thanks sooooo much ya'll! can't wait to hang out soon.


dont forget to water your BUBBLE TREE ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

J'adore moi bubble tree!

Summer said...

That is so beautiful! You are incredibly talented. Will I be seeing you in Vegas?

Dad on the Go said...

sweet jen, love the work!